Whether you are suffering from pregnancy-related musculoskeletal problems like back pain, pelvic pain, sciatica or carpal tunnel syndrome. Or struggling with bladder, bowel and pelvic floor dysfunction, causing incontinence, pain, pelvic organ prolapse, we can help you at any age and any stage of life! It takes some specialised treatment and training (including physiotherapy in pregnancy) to cure the problem.
OBSTETRICS (Pregnancy Care)
- Advice and treatment for any pain in pregnancy including back, neck, rib and pelvic girdle pain (sacroiliac or symphysis pubis).
- Nerve problems such as Sciatica and Carpal Tunnel Syndrome (pain, pins and needles or numbness in the hands).
- Pelvic Floor exercises and training, to prevent and treat incontinence.
- Pregnancy Pilates, and Body Treatment.
- Treatment for any pain post pregnancy, including back, neck and pelvic pain and practical advice relating to breast-feeding and carrying your baby and improving your posture.
- Post-natal abdominal retraining following a C-Section delivery and for rectus divarification (separation of abdominal muscles/ Diastasis Recti).
- Pelvic Floor Re-education – for incontinence, prolapse, pelvic pain or following perineal trauma during delivery.
- Individualised and safe ‘return to exercise’ programmes and Postnatal Pilates.
Treatment of incontinence, pelvic organ prolapse and pelvic pain including:
- Pelvic Floor Physiotherapy (using Kegal exercises, muscle simulation and cones).
- Manual therapy for overactive or painful pelvic floor muscles.
- Bladder Training and Acupuncture for overactive bladder syndrome.
- Safe rehabilitation following pelvic floor surgery or hysterectomy.